Thursday, June 11, 2009

Gluten Free!

Although I tend to be a generalist regarding choices made on nutrition-That is, I don't judge nor emphasis my nutritional choices over someone else's. My motto-what might be right for one person might not necessarily be the same for another.

I, like a huge number of North Americans, have an intolerance to products containing gluten. It's a one way relationship-I love them, but alas, they do not love me.

This was probably the most difficult thing to accept given I was raised in an environment where home-made bread was a staple at every meal (home bread & molasses-how awesome is that!!).

During a recent class, several students raised the issue of having difficulties dealing with recipes with reduced gluten or no gluten and the issues with flavour and texture. I've attached the following link for all of you who wanted to find some decent recipes.

http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/2008/09/gluten-free-casein-free-recipe-index.html

No comments: