This week at the Studio!!
Week 2 of our 4th Birthday Bash-This week enter your name for a draw for an “I love yoga” shirt! These beautiful, organic cotton shirts are comfy and oh so comfortable!! Please ask your instructor to provide you with a ballot at your class.
New Classes & Changes to the Schedule!!
YOGA CHANGES: Effective Tuesday Oct 3-the all levels hatha with Amy is moving to 6:30 pm from its’ 645 pm slot.
SPINNING CHANGES: Effective Tuesday, September 25th, the 6 pm Spinning is moving to 4:30 pm-Yay!!for our wonderful school teachers!!
Warm Hatha Yoga- Starts, Sunday, October 14th!!
We turn the heat up to a really cozy 25-26 degrees Celcius in this invigorating class that combines vinyasa flow sequences with statically held poses while focusing on breath. The warm environment allows for a deeper physical response to the postures and helps to flush toxins, tone the energy body and clear the mind. This class is recommended for people who enjoy heat and a stronger approach to their yoga practice. Beginner’s welcomed! Different teachers will lead this class.
HIIT-The Hot Body Workout “Buff, Not Fluff”
This class will start on Tuesday, September 25th at 5:30 pm and we will be adding a 6 am class effective October, 18th.
Scientifically proven, HIIT or high intensity interval training is the BEST way to lost fat & get fit…fast! It’s a well know "secret" with fitness trainers that short bursts of higher intensity exercise WORKS to get RESULTS. This class combines cardio training, strength training, core training, and functional training, in timed intervals…to get you fit. Classes are 30 minutes in duration and produce results! Lose weight, fat, inches…fast. The motto-Just buff, no fluff!
Among her many certifications and achievements, she includes:
Level II Agatsu kettlebell Instructor
Crossfit Level 1 Coach ~
Crossfit Kids Coach ~
Crossfit Olympic Lifting Coach ~
Ultimate XT Bootcamp ~
KBTA Level 1 & 2 Kettlebell Trainer Specialist
And most importantly Mom and yoga teacher….join her when she leads the Warm Hatha Yoga class…for more about Angelina, visit her at: http://www.ironangelkettlebells.com/about.html
Orange Tree….we’d love to pass along some information about Carolyn’s mobile yoga service that offers yoga classes, retreats and music! Please visit her site at: www.orange_tree.ca
Have a super awesome week! Don’t forget, fall veggies are now in abundance!! Here is a great recipe for a butternut squash and apple soup!
• tablespoons butter
• 2 large leeks (white and pale green parts only), chopped
• 1 large onion, chopped
• 1 large potato, peeled and cubed
• 2 cups cubed butternut squash
• 1 cup diced carrots
• 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and sliced 1/4-inch thick
• 1 quart chicken or vegetable stock
• 1/4 cup dry white wine (optional)
• 1/2 cup light cream (optional!!)
• 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• salt and pepper to taste
• 2 tablespoons chopped chives
1. Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in leeks and onions, and cook until the onion softens and turns translucent, about 5 minutes. Add potato, squash, carrots, apple, and chicken stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the vegetables are soft, about 20 minutes.
2. Carefully puree the soup in batches in a blender, or use a stick blender to puree the soup right in the pot. Once the soup has been pureed, return it to the pot and stir in wine and cream. Season with nutmeg, salt, and pepper; simmer gently for 5 minutes. Ladle into bowls and garnish with chopped chives