Saturday, June 26, 2010

This week @ the Studio-June 28

Happy Canada Day! This week we celebrate the 143rd year of confederation on July 1and we have alot to celebrate! Canada's diversity, natural beauty, resources, and the characteristics of acceptance, generosity and kindness of Canadians, for which we are recognized internationally.

A discussion with some studio practitioners on how much they have changed since starting yoga made me realize that we often unconsciously engage in Svadhyaya, or self study and come to conclusions about ourselves. Personally, I have noticed I am more calmer, collected and less inclined to react immediately to minor/major situations. There are times where I find I am choosing a hill to climb that should be better left to someone else-but the point is, I realize this. Earlier in my career I would have made a decision to climb every hill, fight every battle-not always the best decision.

Monday, June 28th, will mark the end of the Fall Winter schedule. The summer schedule will start on Saturday, July 3. The summer schedule will launch the Yoga in the Park Series. Hopefully this will prove to be successful and will continue next year if the interest is there.


We wish Angie good luck with her group fitness certification at the Y during the next several weeks. If you haven't met Angie yet, you will enjoy her personality and approach as she takes on some of the group fitness classes in the fall.


OUTDOOR BootCamp-I have 2 spots left (max I have accepted for this is 12), that starts next Tuesday. I will be e-mailing all of you who have contacted me with the registration form and relevant information for the camp.

Since strawberry season is quickly closing due to the wet weather, here is a quick and easy shake to make using those strawberries that might be going soft in your refrigerator!

Banana-Orange-Strawberry Fruit Shake
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 banana, frozen
6 strawberries
1/2 cup water
1 tbsp. skim milk powder or 1/2 cup soy, low fat milk
1 heaping tbsp. high- quality protein powder (optional)
1 tsp. flax oil (optional)

In a blender, process all the ingredients until thoroughly mixed and serve.

Have a safe and healthy week!





No comments: