On September 3, 2009 we will be celebrating our first anniversary since our official launch at the studio at Davidson's Courtyard.
Reflecting on the past year, the studio has moved from the upstairs workshop area to it's established location. During this period, the studio has expanded the services offered, always with the intent of providing quality services in an environment where practitioners can relax and practice with confidence and a sense of being totally comfortable with who they are.
As with any business, here are my 7 most valuable lessons from the first year:
1. Practice with joy-life is too serious and yoga shouldn't be.
2. It's ok to laugh - especially when you prepare a practice that falls apart!
3. Creativity is essential-especially when confronted with an issue you're not prepared for!
4. Some days are amazing, some feel like it's better to have stayed in bed-value both.
5. Understand your limitations. Accept them and make them part of your practice. (This was the hardest lesson!!).
6. Take time for yourself-it's o.k to receive.
7. There are only 24 hours in a day. 6-8 should be for sleep, 8 for work, 3 for commuting-then there's classes. So why did I think I could possibly get 27 hours crammed into 24?
To celebrate our first year, the studio will be:
- all classes are complimentary from Saturday, Sept 5-Tuesday, Sept 8th (except pre-natal yoga)
- hosting draws for give aways. A total of 3 prizes will be offered:
Prize 1: 10 class card
Prize 2: 5 free classes
Prize 3: 2 free classes and health & fitness book
Looking forward to another great year!